- A business partner requires I become a Voluntary Steward, but I am not eligible. What do I do?
- How do I report products that are sometimes consumed on site and sometimes consumed at home?
- I sell seasonal items. How do I report that material?
- I ship to a distribution centre and I don’t know the final destination of my product. What do I do?
- My business uses non-branded packaging purchased from a wholesaler. Who is obligated for it?
- Why are stewards required to update the Methodology section on an annual basis?
- If your confectionery product is provided to the consumer with a toy, the packaging for that toy should be included in your report.
- Please include any packaging from promotional samples/gifts with purchase that are offered in-store or online.
- Please ensure that all HR-related documents and business cards are included in your steward report.
- Please include all secondary packaging that goes to the household such as the plastic wrap around multi-pack of candy, chocolates or gum.
- If you are a retailer, please include any packaging for which you are the first importer (where the brand owner is not a Resident Steward or a Voluntary Steward).
You may supply other products that are not included in these sector tips. Please refer to the sectors listed below if you supply any of these additional products and require assistance in identifying the material category for reporting the packaging or paper products associated with these products.
- Non-Dairy Beverages
- Packaged Foods
- Dairy Products, Milk and Milk Substitute Beverages
- Packaged Perishable Foods (Produce, Eggs and Meat)