Materials managed by AMS Service Providers are outlined in your Services Agreement:
- Used Antifreeze (liquid)
- Used Oil Filters (including “crushed”)
- Automotive Plastics (used oil & antifreeze containers, including “shredded”)
Collectively, these materials are referred to as Automotive HSP and are defined in the HSP Regulation as follows:
“Antifreeze” means a product containing ethylene or propylene glycol that is used or intended for use as a vehicle engine coolant and includes,
- the initial antifreeze supplied with a new vehicle, and
- antifreeze that is premixed and concentrated
“Antifreeze” includes the products primary packaging where that packaging is less than 30 litres.
“Oil Container” means a container that is used for the supply of new lubricating oil and that has a capacity of 30 litres or less;
“Oil Filter” means a fluid filter, other than a gasoline filter, and includes,
- a spin-on style filter or element-style fluid filter that is sold separately or as part of a product, that is used in hydraulic, transmission or internal combustion engine applications,
- a filter used for oil, diesel fuel, storage tank fuel, coolant, household furnace fuel, and
- a sump type automatic transmission filter;
For more information, consult the HSP Regulation.