Recycle BC is committed, as part of their Program Plan, to measure and report total Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions from their supply chain operations annually. The first year of reporting was 2019.
Each year, all Recycle BC depot, curbside and multi-family collectors as well as post-collection partners and internal team are required to submit their annual operational data related to GHG emissions in order to support the commitment to calculate program GHG emissions. 2022 reports are due January 31, 2023.
GHG reports must be submitted on the WeRecycle Portal. Collectors can access the Portal at any time to submit GHG data prior to the deadline. Recycle BC has provided the resources below to assist you with reporting your GHG data through the Portal.
Reporting of GHG 2022 data is largely the same as past years, with some enhancements to the Portal based on collector feedback, including:
- Upload Spreadsheet – Excel template has instructions tab and list of originating sites.
- Sort and Filter – New options for managing list of GHG emission data categories.
- Attach Supporting Document – Methodology paperwork can be attached directly to Portal.
- No Emissions Reporting - We have introduced two new data categories related to reporting:
- If you have no GHG data to report, you still need to log into the Portal and submit a “No Emission” report to complete your reporting requirement.
- If your GHG data is not available, you need to complete a “GHG Data Not Available” report in the Portal —the GHG Reporting Team will follow up to assist with these reports.