Diversion Reports capture:
- The type and weight of material that was Received at your Processing Facility
- How the processed materials were managed at end of life (i.e. type and weight of material Recovered).
At a minimum, Diversion Reports must be submitted quarterly within 30 days of each quarter close as outlined in the table below:
|Diversion Report for:||For all Materials processed between the dates of:||Reports Due by:|
|Q1||January 1 - March 31||April 30|
|Q2||April 1 - June 30||July 31|
|Q3||July 1 - September 30||October 31|
|Q4||October 1 - December 31||January 31 (of the following year)|
- Reports can be submitted at any time during each quarter, up to the due date. Processors also have the option to report more frequently (such as weekly or monthly) if that is convenient for your company.
- For example, you can submit Q1 reports from January 1 through to April 30 for materials managed up to March 31st
- Any reports submitted after April 30th will be deemed a late Q1 report
If you have any questions about submitting Diversion Reports, please reach out the SPR Team.
To begin reporting on the Portal, log in to your account and select 'Key in Your Report' on the home page. If you prefer to upload your report as a spreadsheet instead, please see instructions here.
Select 'DIVERSION' Contract
Select the applicable “DIVERSION” contract.
Diversion Report Field Descriptions
For a Diversion Report, fill in the fields as describe below.
Each report must have a unique Document Number.
If you have a unique BOL or other Document, please enter that.
If you do not have a unique BOL or other Document number, follow the steps below:
Please enter a date that refers to the end of the quarter that you are reporting for. If you are reporting once per quarter, please follow example #1:
If you are reporting more frequently, you can follow example #2:
|2||Reporting Period Start||Input the first day of the applicable period, for example July 1, 2023.|
|3||Reporting Period End||Input the last day of the applicable period, for example Sept 30, 2023.|
|4||Reference||This is an optional field that allows you to enter a document number or any reference information key meaningful to your organization (max 12 characters).|
|5||Supplemental Text||This is an optional field that allows you to enter additional reference information (max 30 characters).|
|6||Originating Site||Key in the address of the Processing Facility where the material was processed.|
|7||Material Status||This identifies different kinds of rows in the table:
|9||Measured Quantity||Automatically populated.|
|10||Disp Code (Disposition Code)||Use the dropdown to indicate how the material was managed.|
Diversion Report Screen
Add or Remove Material Rows
Use the ‘Copy Line’ and ‘Delete’ buttons in the material table to:
- Duplicate the material line
- Delete the material line
Click ‘Submit Report’ at the top right when finished keying all information.
Review the summary information on screen.
- If it is not correct, scroll up to change your keyed information.
- If it is correct, click ‘Submit Report Now’ to submit your report.
You have successfully submitted your report.
You may download a PDF or Excel summary using the options on screen. Use the ‘Submit Another Report’ or ‘Return Home’ buttons as needed.